View Full Version : Form going to multiple different users not working

metamuse
05-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Hello,

I found a script (http://php.about.com/od/phpapplications/ss/form_mail.htm
) which I've been trying to implement. It's a form script whereby you can choose an email from a dropdown list in the form and the script sends the email to the one you choose.

I copied and pasted the code and set it up in my test area: http://www.pixeldom.co.uk/projects/formtest/form.html

However, when I click the send button I get the following message:

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 451 See http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html. in D:\hshome\inimod\pixeldom.co.uk\projects\formtest\formtoemail.php on line 27
We encountered an error sending your mail, please notify webmaster@YourCompany.com

Why??!! Although it doesnít send the enquiry, it sends the ĎThank you for contacting usí email so some of it does work.

Please could someone take a look and let me know what Iím doing wrong? I donít have any knowledge of php!

Thanks in advance...

iLLin
05-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Need to see the php code.

metamuse
05-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Sorry! Here you go:

<?php
$to = $_REQUEST['sendto'] ;
$from = $_REQUEST['Email'] ;
$name = $_REQUEST['Name'] ;
$headers = "From: $from";
$subject = "Web Contact Data";

$fields = array();
$fields{"Name"} = "Name";
$fields{"Company"} = "Company";
$fields{"Email"} = "Email";
$fields{"Phone"} = "Phone";
$fields{"list"} = "Mailing List";
$fields{"Message"} = "Message";

$body = "We have received the following information:\n\n"; foreach($fields as $a => $b){ $body .= sprintf("%20s: %s\n",$b,$_REQUEST[$a]); }

$headers2 = "From: noreply@YourCompany.com";
$subject2 = "Thank you for contacting us";
$autoreply = "Thank you for contacting us.
Somebody will get back to you as soon as possible, usualy within 48 hours. If you have any more questions, please consult our website at www.oursite.com";

if($from == '') {print "You have not entered an email, please go back and try again";}
else {
if($name == '') {print "You have not entered a name, please go back and try again";}
else {
$send = mail($to, $subject, $body, $headers);
$send2 = mail($from, $subject2, $autoreply, $headers2);
if($send)
{header( "Location: http://www.pixeldom.co.uk/projects/formtest/thanks.html" );}
else
{print "We encountered an error sending your mail, please notify webmaster@YourCompany.com"; }
}
}
?>

rafiki
05-29-2007, 08:31 PM
couple pointers
1. use the PHP tags [_PHP_]coder here[_/PHP_] with no underscores
2. do not use $_REQUEST
3 die($reason); for the if($name == '') {print "You have not entered a name, please go back and try again";}
4. check to see if both mails sent if ($mail && $mail2) {
code here;
}else{
echo "error";
}

aedrin
05-29-2007, 09:03 PM
do not use $_REQUEST

There is no reason not to use request as long as you know what you are doing.

whizard
05-29-2007, 09:38 PM
<?php
$to = $_REQUEST['sendto'] ;
$from = $_REQUEST['Email'] ;
$name = $_REQUEST['Name'] ;
$headers = "From: $from";
$subject = "Web Contact Data";

$fields = array();
$fields{"Name"} = "Name";
$fields{"Company"} = "Company";
$fields{"Email"} = "Email";
$fields{"Phone"} = "Phone";
$fields{"list"} = "Mailing List";
$fields{"Message"} = "Message";

$body = "We have received the following information:\n\n"; foreach($fields as $a => $b){ $body .= sprintf("%20s: %s\n",$b,$_REQUEST[$a]); }

$headers2 = "From: noreply@YourCompany.com";
$subject2 = "Thank you for contacting us";
$autoreply = "Thank you for contacting us.
Somebody will get back to you as soon as possible, usualy within 48 hours. If you have any more questions, please consult our website at www.oursite.com";

if($from == '') {print "You have not entered an email, please go back and try again";}
elseif{
if($name == '') {print "You have not entered a name, please go back and try again";}
else {
$send = mail($to, $subject, $body, $headers);
$send2 = mail($from, $subject2, $autoreply, $headers2);
if($send)
{header( "Location: http://www.pixeldom.co.uk/projects/formtest/thanks.html" );}
else
{print "We encountered an error sending your mail, please notify webmaster@YourCompany.com"; }
}
}
?>
After it says, you have not entered an email, please try again, note how I have replaced 'else' with 'elseif'.. Add that and see how it works

HTH
Dan

aedrin
05-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Don't fix code for other people. Tell them what needs to be changed so they can understand and learn.

metamuse
05-31-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help so far. I tried the 'elseif' and I now get the error 'Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_IF in D:\hshome\inimod\pixeldom.co.uk\projects\formtest\formtoemail2.php on line 25'

What does that mean?

whizard
06-01-2007, 01:43 AM
That means I am a retard - you have to either take out the elseif that I told you to put in or give it a condition, but I doubt that's going to fix your main problem.

Sorry
Dan

mr e
06-01-2007, 01:56 AM
The error is from this

elseif{

// Should be else if(...

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum