View Full Version : Use/Member System

flyingspacebar
05-23-2007, 10:28 AM
I am an absolute beginner at coding.
I know it is possible to create a user/member system in php, but is it posible to make one in html.

If you can't make a html member system, is there a free way to convert html pages to php?

effpeetee
05-23-2007, 03:13 PM
I am an absolute beginner at coding.
I know it is possible to create a user/member system in php, but is it posible to make one in html.

If you can't make a html member system, is there a free way to convert html pages to php?
http://www.visitor-stats.com/articles/convert-html-website-php.php

Try 'Google' - ask convert html to php.

Quite a few references there.

effpeetee

kosstr12
05-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Or, if you wanted to do it the hard way, you could make a script with javascript that when a user enters a certain username and password it takes them to a url

flyingspacebar
05-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the help both of you. Out of intereset could you tell me a code for the hard way, if not thats fine

_Aerospace_Eng_
05-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Javascript is not the hard way. Javascript is actually the most insecure way. No its not possible to create a secure user/login script on html pages. I'm a little confused as to why you are looking for a "free" way to convert html to php pages. I don't think you know what php actually is. A .php page IS html except it does some stuff on the server before it gets to the user. I think at this point you need to work on your html/css skills before you try getting in over your head. You know that saying, "You need to crawl before you can walk"? Well thats exactly what is happening. You are trying to take on more than you can chew. Baby steps is the way to go.

flyingspacebar
05-24-2007, 10:53 AM
ok i will, thanks for the advice

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum