View Full Version : Need help with overflowing content in IE

Allan Button
05-20-2007, 03:26 AM
Hello.

I am having some problems with my css stylesheet in IE vs FF. My page can be found here: http://basementbar.net/bb/homepage_many_notables.php . And the directory root is browsable.

The page looks great in Firefox, as it should, but in IE 6 ( which stats show as being the #1 used browser on our site ) there is a problem with the last menu item not showing up. I know its something simple, but I've been racking my brains out for a couple hours trying things.

Im more of a table in table designed, and really, am a programmer first, but I was asked to take a crack at doing a css type template.

If somebody could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Allan.

koyama
05-20-2007, 03:44 AM
The page looks great in Firefox, as it should, but in IE 6 ( which stats show as being the #1 used browser on our site ) there is a problem with the last menu item not showing up. I know its something simple, but I've been racking my brains out for a couple hours trying things.
You have this for your ul element:

#fancymenu ul, #pictureselect {
padding: 0;
margin-top: 0;
}
The indention of the ul element is implemented differently in IE than in Firefox. While Firefox uses ul {padding-left: 40px}, then IE instead uses ul {margin-left: 40px}.

To remove the space on the left side in both browsers you will need somtehing like this:

ul {
margin-left: 0;
padding-left: 0;
}

Allan Button
05-20-2007, 03:46 AM
Holy cow,

Thank you so much for your help! I thank you, and the hairs I have left on my head thank you to.

- Allan.

smalldog
05-20-2007, 04:04 AM
I thank you, and the hairs I have left on my head thank you to.

Koyama is a very clever lizard :D

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum