View Full Version : My Forums

05-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Will someone please post some stuff I can improve on my forums, the URL is http://ezwebtek.com/index.html . You are very welcome to sign up, and the first 10 who have 50 posts are going to be upgraded to forum mods.

05-19-2007, 03:32 PM
But...how is this a request for a "site review"? :confused:

05-19-2007, 03:40 PM
The forums are my site, I need Ideas on what other topics I should add.

05-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Even though you asked for posters and not a review, here's a few comments FWIW:

1. You picked one of the top forum packages, that's good. But you've installed it straight out of the box, even leaving the phpBB logo in place. You've done nothing to customize the look, not even so far as changing some colors.

2. You've started a site that is nothing more than a forum, which itself is a clone of countless other forums out there. While there have been successful sites that are or just started out as forums, your's has nothing new or different to offer. You have no other content to draw people in, beyond your (currently) 1 post.

I wouldn't expect that you're going to get much traffic with that approach.

And, finally, offering a moderator position to those with a certain post count is not the way to a successful forum. When you need staff, you need to have quality, motivated people who believe in your forum and its purpose - not just those who post a lot. That's just asking for problems down the road.

Good luck with it. But, IMHO, you need to think this through a bit more.

05-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Your site is just a blanket of a lot of other subjects. Stick to one subject kind of like this site does. I agree with the other posters.

06-01-2007, 12:53 AM
I can tell you that if you don't focus on a subject, you'll most likely be a breeding ground for people that just want to "hang out" instead on posting about what the site's about. I have that problem that we're trying to fix.

06-06-2007, 10:17 PM

ikky ikky eww

06-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Hello kosstr12, i would like to wish you much luck with your forum because i know that it's very difficult to start a new forum. Good luck :thumbsup: