PDA

View Full Version : For Elites Only!

DanBergundy
05-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Situation:

You have a cool program you want to use that is a DLL file. When you inject the DLL, it starts the program but asks you to type in some login / password information. You do not have access to this information so you want to get around it. What do you do?

Hex editing DOESNT work.

I decompiled the dll to ASM looked for the area that displays "please type in your username and password" I found the "function name for that" and then searched for other places that may have called upon it. Is it possible to delete the part and recompile to a DLL. I can't seem to find a way to make the ASM back to a DLL.

Maybe I am way off base, I have no idea what I am doing really.

Mhtml
05-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Well, this is reverse engineering so matter what you're really doing it's most likely a violation of license terms and is in fact illegal. This thread needs to be closed.

KeZZeR
05-16-2007, 09:46 AM
And the thread title "for elites only" really isn't descriptive of your problem, and is quite egotistical I think ;) None of us are elite, there's always someone better than us.

felgall
05-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Would have been clearer if it had said "Elite Thieves Only" so that honest people would skip over it and the moderator would close the thread more quickly.

liorean
05-16-2007, 07:47 PM
I decompiled the dll to ASM looked for the area that displays "please type in your username and password" I found the "function name for that" and then searched for other places that may have called upon it. Is it possible to delete the part and recompile to a DLL. I can't seem to find a way to make the ASM back to a DLL.If you know how to do that, you should be able to figure out how to find the information you want yourself. You won't find it here, however.

Closing thread.