View Full Version : Problems with the height of/stretching a <div>

fischer
05-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Hello! I have created this page www.cumdealer.com/pindsvin and everything works excellent (stretching <div>'s etc.), except the <div>'s colored red and blue on the site (#indhold_venstre og #indhold_hoejre). I need them to stretch 100% according to the height of #indhold_midt. I simply can not seem to figure this out - and it's really nagging me.

Thank you in advance,
fischer.

smalldog
05-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Hello to denmark :)

Try to set height:100%; for #indhold_venstre, #indhold_hoejre and #indhold_midt, min-height is not supported by IE (at least by 6.0). Anyway there will be still different output in IE and FF.

fischer
05-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Hello :)

height:100%; is set for #indhold_midt in IE. But not in FF as FF renderes the page correctly using only min-height:100%;.

however setting height:100%; for #indhold_venstre and #indhold_hoejre does not solve my problem. That's what all my fuss is about :confused:

fischer.

smalldog
05-15-2007, 03:43 PM
You must set height:100% for all 3 divs as I said to see some effect, but there will be still some problem which you need to solve...

fischer
05-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Ah.. I see your point now. However this really screws up my whole design and code. Is there no other way to do this?

smalldog
05-15-2007, 04:17 PM
It seems that solution is simple, remove div indhold_top from indhold_midt (it's not logical when indhold_venstre indhold_hoejre are both floating) and place that div prior to indhold_midt div.

fischer
05-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Well.. The reason I placed #indhold_top inside #indhold_midt is because I needed #indhold_midt to stretch while #indhold_top and #indhold_bund had to have fixed with...

Maybe I do not get your point.. would you please post your edited, working code? :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum