View Full Version : Meme & Zeke

chilipie
05-13-2007, 03:44 PM
http://memeandzeke.com/

Lightweight site for a film production company, built in about half a day.

Comments and suggestions welcome:)

_Aerospace_Eng_
05-13-2007, 10:59 PM
I think your navigation should be text not images. I was also expecting some type of color change on the navigation. I'm not a big fan of the overflow:auto div but I guess to preserve layout you had to do it but then again if designed differently you wouldn't have to. Your text looks a little blurry on my screen, not sure why though.

kewlceo
05-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Nice design! I only have one little nit, and that is the outline (only visible to Mozilla browsers) when a link is selected. It's easily sorted though:

a {
outline: none;
}

_Aerospace_Eng_
05-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Nice design! I only have one little nit, and that is the outline (only visible to Mozilla browsers) when a link is selected. It's easily sorted though:

Just be sure to have some other way to let the user know that the link is focused if you plan on removing the outline.

kewlceo
05-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Just be sure to have some other way to let the user know that the link is focused if you plan on removing the outline.

True that. With IE the link turns red, which would be preferred for Firefox, too.

Graft-Creative
05-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Nice work Ollie!

Looks fresh and 'off the cuff'.

Nice to see someone breaking out of the usual 'header/sidebar/content/footer' routine too.

font: 260% 'Helvetica Neue', Century Gothic, sans-serif;

? guess most people will be getting sans-serif there :confused:

The figures that make up the 'M' and the 'K' look like little stick figures? If that is the case, I have to ask - what's that - proudly sticking out from between the legs of the 'K' figure!? - not that I mind a bit of ribaldry :p

Good stuff all-in-all - good to see you stretching yourself in terms of layout etc.

Kind regards,

Gary

chilipie
05-16-2007, 10:38 PM
I think your navigation should be text not images. I was also expecting some type of color change on the navigation. I'm not a big fan of the overflow:auto div but I guess to preserve layout you had to do it but then again if designed differently you wouldn't have to. Your text looks a little blurry on my screen, not sure why though.
The navigation is text...? It should change colour on :hover, to the same pinky-red as the bg - what browser are you using? I'm usually against inline scrolling, but it just seemed the simplest way to achieve the look I was going for. Not sure about the blurry text. Ta for the comments ;)

Nice design! I only have one little nit, and that is the outline (only visible to Mozilla browsers) when a link is selected.

Cheers :) I'll stick that in tomorrow.

font: 260% 'Helvetica Neue', Century Gothic, sans-serif;

? guess most people will be getting sans-serif there :confused:

The figures that make up the 'M' and the 'K' look like little stick figures? If that is the case, I have to ask - what's that - proudly sticking out from between the legs of the 'K' figure!? - not that I mind a bit of ribaldry :p

Far too kind sir :D I hadn't thought about the font - I might end up using CSS image replacement or sIFR, as I really want to use Helvetica Neue Light. Heh. I can categorically say I had not noticed that!

Shall I "rectify" the situation? :p

I'll get me coat.

jamesthefool
05-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Ollie, would we call it lightweight? ;) It's not a great look when you type in 'memeandzeke' into google and whay! The results you get are thus:

Meme & Zeke - CodingForums.com
http://memeandzeke.com/ Lightweight site for a film production company, built in about half a day. Comments and suggestions welcome ...
codingforums.com/showthread.php?p=565572 - 26k - Cached - Similar pages

Phwoar, can't you pose something like: Meme & Zeke what a great site, jee, memeandzeke is great!

Then you incorporate all meme & zeke type tags, so anyone can find it! do it ollie, do it! :D

James

(ps, made a coding forums account just to post this, that is dedication ;) )

croatiankid
05-17-2007, 08:29 PM
In Firefox there's no effect on the navigation. Nice design.

chilipie
05-17-2007, 10:23 PM
James - go away, this is my geeky hidey-hole :D

croatiankid - Cheers, sorted. I think it was 'cos of a dodgy semi-colon that Safari was fine with but Firefox wasn't.

kewlceo
05-17-2007, 10:44 PM
I think it was 'cos of a dodgy semi-colon that Safari was fine with but Firefox wasn't.

Works great now in Firefox. The red menu items are nice, and thanks for dumping the Mozilla active link outline. :thumbsup:

kosstr12
05-19-2007, 03:17 AM
I like how it keeps the same template through all the pages, although I think you should change your links to images.

Thanks,
kosstr12

jamesthefool
06-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Phwoar, can't you pose something like: Meme & Zeke what a great site, jee, memeandzeke is great!)

i meant post sorry :D

whizard
06-04-2007, 04:56 AM
did you seriously come back two weeks later to correct a typo?

THAT's dedication!

:D

Dan

twodayslate
06-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Very nice.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum