View Full Version : how do i build a website on a CD that will do these certain things..

me-so-sleepy
12-12-2002, 09:19 PM
oke basically i have a CD by the band Deftones.. just incase anyone has it that may help im talking about the album White Pony.. well it has this like media thing on it so when you put the CD in it Auto loads and plays this .exe

now what i want to know is.. how can I make a CD that has its own icon (like the Deftones one has a White Pony logo on as the icon.. basically the picture that replaces the CD picture on the drive thing..) yea so how can i do that? i have made an icon an tried to copy the code that it had on the CD which was..

[autorun]
open=deftones.exe
icon=icon.ico

but it hasnt changed anything.. this file is saved as a .INF ?

so is it possible i can make that work?

then my next question is can i change what it says as 'open=deftones.exe' an make it say 'open=main.htm' ? because i cant get that to work either.. so i guess im missing something vital.. an then once i have finally got alllll of that sorted i want to know if hen it auto loads the page can be in like a custom sized window.. like you have on some webpages that the main page opens in a new custom sized window.. i can do this for a standard site.. but wondered if it would be possible to do this for a CD site.. and auto load.

oke mmm if im being really complicated say which bits of my message you dont understand or what a better description of an i will try an explain.. i REALLY want to do this haha :)

Matt

tommysphone
12-13-2002, 08:19 AM
http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=5815

me-so-sleepy
12-13-2002, 11:16 AM
that is very helpful thank you :) but.. i want it to open in a custom sized window..

tommysphone
12-13-2002, 01:05 PM
Place in the head tag for a smaller or larger window

<script>
window.onload=doit
function doit(){
window.resizeTo(200,200);/* the first number is for width, the second height*/
window.focus(); //brings window to front
}
</script>

Or Use this code for a full screen (IE only)

<script language="Javascript">
<!--

function OpenFull(where2) {
if (document.all) window.open(where2,"Full_Screen_Window","fullscreen=yes");
else alert("Sorry, but you can only open to FullScreen with Internet Explorer.");
}

//-->
</script>

with <body onload="OpenFull()"> Also, add a close window link on the page if going for a full screen window.

me-so-sleepy
12-13-2002, 01:50 PM
sorry but where do i place this? in the .INF file?? or the main .html file that will open..

tommysphone
12-13-2002, 03:02 PM
it goes in the .htm file that gets opened by the instruction coded in the .inf file.

me-so-sleepy
12-14-2002, 05:03 PM
oke thats kool thnx! :)

BUT one last thing (hehe) sorry to keep bothing you..

but um you know you can click on a link an it opens the site in a new window an all the window has is the bar at the top with the minimize, restore, and close button on.. an the rest is just like the window as it is without the status bar or controls or scroll bar.. how can i make it do that?

tommysphone
12-16-2002, 10:25 AM
In the head tag place this
<script>

<!-- hide me

function popupwindow()
{
popup_window =
window.open("pagename.htm","popup","width=200,height=320");
}

// end hide -->

</script>

In the body tag where your link needs to be place this <a onClick="popupwindow();" href="#">popup link</a>

Anything else just ask :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum