View Full Version : onload

drmak
05-03-2007, 11:44 AM
I have two functions that need to run when the page is open.
I cannot combine them making one single function as from the one depends the further working of the page.
I tried oninit eventhandler (one function i put in onload event while the another one i put in the oninit) but the function from oninit handler was not fired.

Thanks in advance

nikkiH
05-03-2007, 02:06 PM
<body onload="function1();function2();">

drmak
05-04-2007, 01:53 AM
Yes it worked but if i initialize the 1st function the 2nd will stop to respond.
Like a bug. If i call the 2nd func only it works all fine. I can call the certain function from link's onclick eventhandler <a href="#" onclick="func()" ...

Otherwise the func stop to responds. Do you have any idea why it happens?

this is the function #2 that causes that all the links do not respond to click event http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/slidedown-menu2/slidedown-menu2.html#

Thanks a lot

drmak
05-04-2007, 02:25 AM
Means all the links do not repospond to click event. I guess that initSlideDownMenu function is overriding the onclick. I explored addEvent method but am afraid if i touch anything in this code i can make it just worse.
Maybe you know some better script that will animate the drop down menu avoiding the override the onclick?

drmak
05-04-2007, 03:29 AM
It seems i was right. It is overriding the onclick so now i am using onmousedown to call the another function when an user clicks the link.
Thanks for the reading ... :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum