View Full Version : running asp.net

05-01-2007, 05:26 AM
Hi guys, is there a way to get my computer runs asp.net? I am having Windows XP home edition.

05-01-2007, 04:14 PM
yes, if you have Microsoft .NET framework installed and IIS installed on your pc.

05-18-2007, 04:09 AM
I don't believe XP home has IIS built in. I think only XP Pro has IIS and it's only 5.1. Are you looking to just play around with ASP.NET or host your own website? If you are just looking to play around with it, I believe you can download and install Visual Web Developer for free which will allow you to code and test an ASP.NET on your machine.

05-18-2007, 05:54 AM
blizzake is right on the money on all points. XP Home does not have IIS and you can download VWD for free. It comes with a built in server for testing your applications before you upload them to a web server.

05-19-2007, 01:03 AM
Visual Studio Express for Web Development should let you do it. Alternatively you can download the .NET SDK and then use either Cassini (a simple .net web server) or ultidev (modified/advanced version of cassini).

semper fi...

05-19-2007, 12:09 PM
I would recommend you to download and install ABYSS web server. It is easy to use and configure. You can find it on the net easy.

The installation:
After you install .NET 2.0 framework setup the server to run ASP.NET there is help in the help file of the server how to do this!