View Full Version : Object creation function not working - not the regular stuff

pilau
04-29-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm working on a window interface class, and this is the function that creates windows.
It has been through a few incarnations and I believe this to be the final, however, for some reason - It just won't show the DIV created, I have really no idea why.

The function recieves a parameters object, validates the given values and sets default values if necessary.

Aftwerwards, it creates the div element which is actually the window, and in case a requested parent element has been specified, the function will append the div to that node.

The final part, which I guess is what's causing all the trouble, is the part which sets all of the visual properties of the window - css class, size, and position attributes.

Maybe you could point out to principle errors or things like that, because I bet you the error is some coding problem I just don't know, since I'm not a big expert.

create_window({windowid: 'window2', class_name: 'popup_window', top: 323, left: 15});

// Window Creation Function
// windowid, controls, content, class_name, handle, transparent_drag, _width, _height, _parent, _position, _top, _left
function create_window(params)
{
// Set default values
var parent = ((typeof params.parent != 'object' || params.parent == null || params.parent == document) ? false : params.parent);
var width = (typeof params.width != 'number' ? false : params.width);
var height = (typeof params.height != 'number' ? false : params.height);
var position = (typeof params.position != 'string' ? false : ((params.position != 'relative' && params.position != 'absolute' && params.position != 'static') ? 'relative' : params.position));
var top = (typeof params.top != 'number' ? false : params.top);
var left = (typeof params.left != 'number' ? false : params.left);
var class_name = (typeof params.class_name != 'string' ? false : params.class_name);

var window_div = document.createElement('DIV');
if (parent)
{
parent.appendChild(window_div);
}

// Set optional basic CSS attributes
if (class_name) {window_div.className = class_name}
if (position) {set_style(window_div, 'position', position)}
if (width) {set_style(window_div, 'width', width + 'px')}
if (height) {set_style(window_div, 'height', height + 'px')}
if (top) {set_style(window_div, 'top', top + 'px')}
if (left) {set_style(window_div, 'left', left + 'px')}
}

Arty Effem
04-29-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm working on a window interface class, and this is the function that creates windows.
It has been through a few incarnations and I believe this to be the final, however, for some reason - It just won't show the DIV created, I have really no idea why.
If I've understood, in the absence of the parent parameter, the created div isn't being appended to anything, and therefore isn't going to appear.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum