View Full Version : Inline Code (i.e. No Codebehind) and Wilson's Master Pages (.Net 1.1)

r33k
04-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm using .Net 1.1 to create a c# web application... and I want to use Wilson's Master Pages. The problem is, I'm planning on hosting it on Brinkster which does not allow codebehind/dlls. So I need help with "converting" the free Wilson's Master Pages source code to inline-code... if that's even possible.

Normally, with Master Pages you need the register directive to register the Master Pages assembly/namespance:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="Wilson" Assembly="WilsonMasterPages" Namespace="Wilson.MasterPages" %>
which contains the following two classes:

public class MasterPage : System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl
public class ContentRegion : System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel

Is there an easy (or relatively easy) way to do this?

TIA

nikkiH
04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
1.1 supports master pages?

r33k
04-17-2007, 02:31 PM
yes... from what I understand, Master Pages started in 1.1 by some 3rd party developer... it was then later incorporated into 2.0 by MS

nikkiH
04-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks.
So you have the source code for the classes, and you want to put them in the aspx page instead of a code behind, is that what you're asking?

r33k
04-17-2007, 07:21 PM
yeah... it's just a personal page that i want to host on brinkster (for their free/educational account, you're not allowed codebehind/dlls)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum