View Full Version : a comma into an int

traxion
03-29-2007, 03:45 PM
hey

i got a problem

i got a field in my database
aantal decimal(5,2)

when i try to full it it doesn't works (correctly)
when i put 15.21 into it it works great
but when i put 15,21 into it the field will be 15

i think that is because he dont get the comma.. is that correct? and does anyobdy has a solution

dont come up with u need to write a . :P

this info i got from phpinfo(); .. i u want more info just ask i will try my best then

mysql
MySQL Support enabled
Active Persistent Links 0
Active Links 0
Client API version 3.23.49
MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE builtin
MYSQL_SOCKET /tmp/mysql.sock
MYSQL_INCLUDE no value
MYSQL_LIBS no value

guelphdad
03-29-2007, 07:42 PM
store it as a decimal and then use REPLACE when you pull your data out and display it.

similarly store it as a decimal and then use PHP or whatever to do the substitution.

On a different note, your version of mysql is severely out of date, you should look into upgrading it.

felgall
03-29-2007, 08:52 PM
All computer programs use . as the decimal point and not , so you need to convert the , to a . before you can treat the field as a number.

traxion
03-30-2007, 07:52 AM
On a different note, your version of mysql is severely out of date, you should look into upgrading it.

jep but unfortinualy it is mine server of the work.. where i dont got the manage of it

i will use the . in the future in stead of the , or i will build some script for it

thnx for the info

guelphdad
03-30-2007, 12:47 PM
jep but unfortinualy it is mine server of the work.. where i dont got the manage of it

Workplaces do stupid things don't they? 3.23.49 was released in February 2002. They are three major releases behind!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum