View Full Version : Counter problems.

cexsar
03-22-2007, 04:52 AM
Hi everyone, i'm new in the coding and programing for asp, but i'm currently helping a friend out with his website. After a bunch of troubles with the new server (godaddy) I was able to set the website just the way he had it before, but now i realize that there is a problem with the counter, I typed the address of the website and I get this message at the bottom:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied

/index.asp, line 94

And I just find out that the 94th line in the index.asp is my counter:

Set a = fs.CreateTextFile(fp, True)

My counter asp file is now like this:

<%@ Language="VBScript" %>
<% Response.Expires= -1
Response.AddHeader "Cache-Control", "no-cache"
Response.AddHeader "Pragma", "no-cache" %>
<%
if Session("ct") = "" then
fp = Server.MapPath("count.txt")
Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set a = fs.OpenTextFile(fp)
ct = Clng(a.ReadLine)
ct = ct + 1
Session("ct") = ct
a.close
Set a = fs.CreateTextFile(fp, True)
a.WriteLine(ct)
a.Close
Set a = Nothing
Set fs = Nothing
else
ct = Clng(Session("ct"))
end if
%>
<p>You are a visitor number <%=ct%>! </p>

And since I have that error message I don't know what could be wrong, if somebody could help me out and tell me what my problem is I will much appreciate it. Thank you so much in advance.
:thumbsup:

SSJ
03-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Here what your code on line no 94 doing is creating a text file in a folder where count.txt file resides.

But, this folder doesn't have the write permission so it is not allowing the script to create a folder and throws an error.
That's it...

ghell
03-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Yea the "Internet Guest Account" (IUSR_COMPUTERNAME) needs write permissions or you wont be able to create/write to files. (Same goes for read permissions etc if it doesn't have them)

However, I have no idea how godaddy lets you use files and their permissions, I have my own servers.

By the way that should be Server.CreateObject and you should probably avoid Sessions where possible in favour of cookies.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum