View Full Version : Need help with fading image in and out

03-21-2007, 09:52 PM
I am trying to fade an image into a new image and then back to the original image again using Dreamweaver. I am still learning the app and am not real familiar with Javascripting, so basically don't know what I am doing. Can someone help?

03-22-2007, 12:58 PM
This sort of thing is indeed usually implemented using JavaScript and--proprietary--filter functions; DreamWeaver is just an editor and won't replace knowledge and experience.

Here's a set of fade scripts by our esteemed member, Brothercake: Image transitions (http://www.brothercake.com/site/resources/scripts/transitions/).

A Google for "javascript image fade" will lead you to a myriad of other scripts.

03-22-2007, 02:03 PM
I've found that experience is often synonymous with great pain and frustration! Still I manage to find the strength to run the gauntlet!

Thanks for making it a bit less painful for me!

03-22-2007, 03:19 PM
... experience is often synonymous with great pain and frustration! True, true... but once you've gained it you can reap the benefits, and finally cracking a problem you've been banging your head against for ages can be very satisfying. Been there, done that, saw the movie.