View Full Version : Need help with fading image in and out

DesignCat
03-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Hello,
I am trying to fade an image into a new image and then back to the original image again using Dreamweaver. I am still learning the app and am not real familiar with Javascripting, so basically don't know what I am doing. Can someone help?

ronaldb66
03-22-2007, 01:58 PM
This sort of thing is indeed usually implemented using JavaScript and--proprietary--filter functions; DreamWeaver is just an editor and won't replace knowledge and experience.

Here's a set of fade scripts by our esteemed member, Brothercake: Image transitions (http://www.brothercake.com/site/resources/scripts/transitions/).

A Google for "javascript image fade" will lead you to a myriad of other scripts.

DesignCat
03-22-2007, 03:03 PM
I've found that experience is often synonymous with great pain and frustration! Still I manage to find the strength to run the gauntlet!

Thanks for making it a bit less painful for me!

ronaldb66
03-22-2007, 04:19 PM
... experience is often synonymous with great pain and frustration! True, true... but once you've gained it you can reap the benefits, and finally cracking a problem you've been banging your head against for ages can be very satisfying. Been there, done that, saw the movie.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum