View Full Version : Lend a hand?

Ozzyinitcollege
03-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Hey guys, I decided to move this thread to the correct forum, as it IS a php script, I'm looking for.

Now, on the site http://www.genjuros.info/news.php, there is a "chatbox", From the amount of knowledge I've come across , the whole spectacle is made from a form, which people can fill in and send to a MySQL database, then the info is posted upon the site somehow...

Could somebody help me?
If I could see the script with my own eyes, it would be an enormous step in the right direction for my coding dreams.

Best regards,

Ozzy

Inigoesdr
03-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Do a search for "AJAX/PHP Chat" or similar and you should find quite a few examples. Basically you post the message to a PHP file with AJAX(which would store it in MySQL) and retrieve the current messages, via an XML format probably, for display.

Ozzyinitcollege
03-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Could you elaborate? :D The search of "Ajax/php chat" on google only turned up chatsrooms, when I wanted more... well guestbook-kind of things, where people can just leave a message about the website, and that it should be published within a small box on the left column of the website.

Any tips? :D

rafiki
03-21-2007, 09:53 PM
you mean a shoutbox?

Ozzyinitcollege
03-21-2007, 10:18 PM
EXACTLY! Thank you, that was the exact word that I was looking for! shoutbox...

the-dream
03-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Google ( HOW TO MAKE A SHOUTBOX IN PHP )!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum