View Full Version : Programs I've downloaded pop up for two seconds, then go away?

Brikness
03-21-2007, 06:22 AM
This probably isn't even the right site for this but I really didn't know where else to go! Sorry >.< Anyway, I recently purchased an iPod and obviously had to download iTunes. But the program DOWNLOADS, but when I try to use it, it pops up for literally two seconds, then goes away. The same thing happens when I get Yahoo! IM. Help? Please?:(

Karen S. Garvin
03-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Sounds like it could either be 1) a hardware problem or 2) a software version conflict.

Can you check to see what version of software is on the ipod before you download iTunes? Maybe you need to update the current BIOS. I don't really know much about iPods, but I had to do this with my iRiver mp3 player so I could load audible.com software. It might be the same kind of issue. In other words, is the iTunes program you are downloading fully compatible with the make and model of iPod that you have?

CowPoke98
03-27-2007, 07:31 PM
May also be a virii?

infotechweb
04-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Yes the guy who last posted is correct. Worms are commonly renowned for this, i have done so many virus extraction jobs for clients that involve removing these little buggers. I suggest getting yourself a better download client or an expensive Antivirus software, the best in my opinion is Norton.

hope this helps.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum