View Full Version : helpdesk

percepts
03-15-2007, 09:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pyjRj3UMRM

Aradon
03-15-2007, 10:06 PM
lol, there are days where it feels like that.

swong7
04-10-2007, 11:44 PM
oh my that video is hilarious..... sometimes i feel like a fool asking helpdesk to ask something that is ridiculously easy for them to fix!

Rudy507
04-11-2007, 06:01 AM
That's hilarious!

Whew... working phone technical support last summer for a bunch of parents of campers using a website to see their kids at camp was pretty ridiculous. It's really funny sometimes the people you end up helping in the tech support industry, and the broad array of knowledge: Some are probably smarter and more knowledgeable than you, while others don't even know what the "cursor" on a mouse is! (Yes, we had someone call us last summer not knowing what the mouse was... I didn't take the call, but it was quite an experience, none-the-less).

swong7
04-11-2007, 06:43 PM
That's hilarious!

Whew... working phone technical support last summer for a bunch of parents of campers using a website to see their kids at camp was pretty ridiculous. It's really funny sometimes the people you end up helping in the tech support industry, and the broad array of knowledge: Some are probably smarter and more knowledgeable than you, while others don't even know what the "cursor" on a mouse is! (Yes, we had someone call us last summer not knowing what the mouse was... I didn't take the call, but it was quite an experience, none-the-less).

yeah that must be weird, not knowing exactly the knowledge of the customer.. I think most tech guys i've dealt with all assume they know better than me.. not sure if that's always the case though!

oracleguy
04-11-2007, 06:45 PM
while others don't even know what the "cursor" on a mouse is! (Yes, we had someone call us last summer not knowing what the mouse was... I didn't take the call, but it was quite an experience, none-the-less).

You might enjoy this then: http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_obvious.shtml

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum