View Full Version : Text Game Projects

AshtonNewton
03-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Alright im looking for a coder to partner wih me, i have a website to host the code on, but i have several ideas.

Mafia Game
Star Wars Game
Hacking Simulation

the-dream
03-12-2007, 03:29 PM
i will help
if you want that is,
i have been doing php for aroun 1 and 1/2 years

sir pannels
03-15-2007, 01:38 PM
omg everyone is at it with the text based projects :O

NancyJ
03-15-2007, 03:25 PM
omg everyone is at it with the text based projects :O

Yep, everyone sees the potentional in the handful of games that are financially sucessful and see them as a get rich quick scheme without any planning, original ideas or knowledge of business, marketting, or code ;)

UniQuE
03-17-2007, 01:20 AM
or for fun

jmitch18
03-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Making a game is not something to be taken lightly. There is a serious amount of work in developing a text based game (speaking from experience). And NancyJ is correct. They are not just some scheme to make lots of money. At most you can expect just a little bit of extra cash but nothing significant. Only a minority of games are successful enough to make decent money out of.

But there is always the aspect of making games for fun and to learn. That's how I learnt PHP properly. I read my books and stuff but couldn't think of anything to make. So I thought "Heck, I'll make a game for the hell of it". Took a while but the extra knowledge I gained through development was very valuable :).

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum