03-09-2007, 01:54 AM
Yes, you can.

timgolding
03-09-2007, 01:56 AM
thankyou :)

phoenixshade
03-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Yes, you can.
Marvellous. I just learned something new. Wow, that opens a lot of possibilities...

timgolding
03-09-2007, 02:33 AM
Im trying to create a class for ccs elements. somthing like

<?PHP
class style{
var $tag;
var $id;
var $class;
var $attributes=array();
var $parent;
}

Then when the user on my CMS sets the size of his template page to say 760px; then an instance will be created or something. Actually it had better check one doesnt exist already with same id or class or it will have to overite the exisiting instance.

Inigoesdr
03-09-2007, 02:36 AM
So was there a question or do you just like talking to yourself? ;p

timgolding
03-09-2007, 02:47 AM
Request for comments. Let me investigate further and ill get back to you on that one

Nightfire
03-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Should stick this at the top of your php css file

header ('Content-Type: text /css');

aedrin
03-09-2007, 05:15 PM
It's more efficient to have PHP generate a static CSS file (wasn't sure if you were going this way or not).

Inigoesdr
03-09-2007, 09:02 PM
It's more efficient to have PHP generate a static CSS file (wasn't sure if you were going this way or not).
If the css were static then you wouldn't need php at all. What do you mean by "more efficient"? As opposed to what?

aedrin
03-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Simple.

Whenever in the admin tool the administrator makes a change, instead of just saving to database/xml/file, you also generate a static CSS file.

This is much more efficient than having a PHP file act as a CSS file (where it has to generate the CSS for every request based on the database/xml/file), using header().

This is how some CMS systems work, instead of acting as a dynamic site, the admin tool will generate a static HTML file. It is much lighter on the server.

Inigoesdr
03-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Ok, I got the impression that he was just going to have the code in the file(without any database queries or anything) with an if/switch to select the right one for the current user. In which case the added load on the server is really negligible.

aedrin
03-09-2007, 09:34 PM
I figured the intention was to make it dynamic, but otherwise the difference would be neglible, yes.

timgolding
03-10-2007, 01:39 AM
What I inted is that the classes will directly resemble the css selectors that they represent that way when the user changes a value (for instance changes the page width to 800px) a class that has the info to point to the that attribute for css in question. That way I could make an engine that echoes the css at the end.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum