View Full Version : The best way to apply server side code to Photoshop graphics

Lyconpire
03-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Hi,

I have been using layers to positions my code over my graphics. Is there a better way then using layers? Because when the screen res changes the layers go all over the place.

Thanks

ahallicks
03-07-2007, 02:38 PM
How are you coding? What languages are you using? I use Photoshop to initially design my sites then slice them up into graphical sections and place text and links over the graphic and have never had a problems with them moving around? If you need some help post a link so we can see what's going on and why and hopefully sort it out for you!

Lyconpire
03-07-2007, 03:06 PM
am also sliceing my images in photoshop. Am using layers as shown below.
<style type="text/css">
<!--
#Layer1 {
position:absolute;
left:9px;
top:56px;
width:976px;
height:28px;
z-index:1;
}
-->
</style>
<div id="Layer1">
</div>

_Aerospace_Eng_
03-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Thats your problem. Don't use position:absolute. Start learning to code by hand rather than having a program do the work for you. Let things flow naturally.

Lyconpire
03-07-2007, 08:31 PM
so just so am clear on the answer layers are the best way to do this?

oracleguy
03-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Not quite sure how server side code in anyway relates to your initial question.

Pennimus
03-08-2007, 10:46 AM
so just so am clear on the answer layers are the best way to do this?

Layers aren't actually a recognised HTML element. It's just what Dreamweaver chooses to name the divs it creates when you use WYSIWYG mode.

Like AE said, learn to recognise what the code you're creating actually does. Divs are generally the best way to layout a page, but like most things it depends how you end up using them.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum