View Full Version : using tinyMCE

croatiankid
03-06-2007, 02:46 PM
I want to use tinyMCE for a small site I'm making, and I just don't get it. I've searched their forums and wiki. What I want is: I have index.php, a normal html page. Let's say it's two column (with IDs left and right, respectively). Then I want to have admin.php, which will contain 2 text areas with TinyMCE, one for each column. So one of them will get the text (html) from left, other will get from right, and a submit button which will change (edit) index.php. How do I do this with TinyMCE? Also I want admin.php to be able to edit multiple files, not just index.php, using a switch (for example, for content1.php (html page), index.php?page=content1 will load the left and right column html from content1.php etc. I can edit the switch easily). Security isn't an issue, because admin.php in the end won't be called admin.php.

koyama
03-06-2007, 05:53 PM
The primary purpose of using TinyMCE is for adding WYSIWYG-functionality to a <textarea>.

It sounds like you want more from TinyMCE than it can offer? You still need to set up a <form> holding the TinyMCE-<textarea>s. And you also need to process (using e.g. php) what is received. Usually this means updating the database.

What kind of setup do you have. Is your site database-driven?

GJay
03-06-2007, 06:22 PM
As said, before you can use TinyMCE, you need to (ideally) have your form+database+rendering working with jsut a plain textarea.
How much of that do you have? It will make things easier to explain if you give us an idea of how much you've done already...

croatiankid
03-06-2007, 07:32 PM
OHHH I get it. Haven't done nothing yet, need help with a concept, without tinyMCE. Plz leave this topic alone for now.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum