alex57
03-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Hello,

I am sending emails using the code below:

$subject = $_POST['subject'];
$message = "hello there, this is an email";
$to = "alextrebsy57@hotmail.com";
$mailsend = mail($to,$subject,$message);

I have data from a database and want to send this in my email so it is displayed as in an html table in the email. I cannot get this to work as when I assign the html to the $message variable, the html doesnt render in the email, it only prints out the html.

Can anybody help please.

Thanks

CFMaBiSmAd
03-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Check Example 1050 at this link - http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

alex57
03-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Thats great thanks, however my code is like this:

mysql_connect("mysql10.powweb.com", "", "") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("info") or die(mysql_error());

$result2 = mysql_query("SELECT team.TeamName, team.TeamID, League.LeagueID, League.Totalpts, SUM(selectedfootballerscore.TeamWeeklyScore), users.username FROM team, League, users, selectedfootballerscore WHERE (League.TeamID = team.TeamID) AND (selectedfootballerscore.TeamID = team.TeamID) AND (users.UserID = team.UserID) AND (League.LeagueID = '$LID') GROUP BY Totalpts");

echo "<table border=1><tr><td><font size=1 face='Verdana'>Team Name</font></td><td><font size=1 face='Verdana'>Manager</font></td><td><font size=1 face='Verdana'>Weekly Pts</font></td><td><font size=1 face='Verdana'>Total Pts</font></td><td></td></tr>";

while ($row2 = mysql_fetch_array($result2))
{
$messagept2 = "<tr><td><font size=1 face='Verdana'>" . $row2['TeamName'] . "</font></td><td><font size=1 face='Verdana'>" . $row2['username'] . "</font></td><td><font size=1 face='Verdana'>" . $row2['SUM(selectedfootballerscore.TeamWeeklyScore)'] . "</font></td><td><font size=1 face='Verdana'>" . $row2['Totalpts'] . "</font></td></tr>";
}
echo "</table>";

so basically data is read out of a database into an html table. This is the table I need to send. Are their hearders to send PHP? Can i save the results of my SQL query in an html table and just send it as an html table?

thanks

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum