View Full Version : Clarisworks Presentation to Powerpoint???

jlhaslip
03-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Did a search of the Forum and found nothing about Clarisworks , which is an iMac software similar to MS Office , so here is the problem.

I need to convert a Clarisworks presentation from its existance as a .cwk presentation file into a Powerpoint (or equal) Presentation. I have OpenOffice, so .ppt should be readable by that software. I think.

I have a G3 iMac ppc that has the Clarisworks application, but it will only save in .cwk which OOO doesn't read. So, here I am asking for some assistance. My search of the web found a couple of cwk convertors, but they seem to only work for the Word Proccessing documents, not the presentations. I now have no clue what to do.

Anyway, is anyone aware of this software? or a convertor?

Karen S. Garvin
03-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Can you export your text out of the document at all? Or does Clarisworks only offer one file format? I have no experience with this program.

If you are really desperate: take a screen shot of your presentation and put that into Powerpoint. A definite last-ditch effort, but it can work.

jlhaslip
03-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the reply, Karen.
Yes, there is only one choice for the 'save' filetype.

After describing the difficulties to the "client" (a friend), she will simply re-create the presentation in Powerpoint since some of the data is outdated and she has the necessary components (pictures, etc) to re-do it.
:thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum