View Full Version : site review request

02-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi i was just wondering if anyone could have a look at the work we've been doing to our company website and let me know what you think.
thanks very much

02-28-2007, 01:47 PM
nice domain :) lol

03-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Cheers Croatiankid, if anyone out there has any comments about things other than my domain :-) i'd love to hear them as i'm always looking to improve the site.

03-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Absolutely superb. Great domain name, the site reminds me of Play.com which I spend hours surfing around and placing lots of orders.

Simple, effective and crisp logo and navigation to match. Very good site. I do like to list improvements but for this site I can really pin one down. I like the way the main image changes each time you visit the homepage.

There are some well constructed services also, nothing revolutionary but simple and effective which many companies struggle with.

An excellent site, one with masses of potential and also inspiring to the hardware user.

03-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Thank you very much Powered,
thats the sort of glowing praise that makes me glad i get out of bed in the mornings! :-)

03-02-2007, 03:23 PM
The page keeps making some kind of significant request every 10 seconds or so. My browser feels like it's reloading. I get the *click*, progress bar, and hourglass mouse cursor and everything. Kind of annoying.

Rest looks good though.

03-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Hmm I get a horizontal scrollbar that doesn't scroll. Its just there. Your site is unusable with javascript disabled. Your site shouldn't rely on javascript to work. Of course once I enabled javascript the scrollbar went away because there was no longer the overlay. I to get that refreshing which seems like it might be the shopping cart refreshing or something. Also the coding for your site highly invalid. Its probably the most errors I've seen on any site. 3720 total errors. See them here (http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fus.hardware.com%2FDefault.asp).

03-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks very much.
i've been working on the validation errors and so far have got them down to 247.
I'll let you all know as soon as i have it finished.
Thank you once again for all your comments, they're greatly appreciated.
anything you have to add or if anyone else feels there's any issues not already covered feel free to jump in and let me know.