View Full Version : I need a free demo of flash creator

12-02-2002, 08:04 PM
background-I need a flash creator for a demo of a simple title bar animation.
I downloaded macromedia flash a while ago and never used it. needless to say it expired. I now want to try macromedia flash fx, because I used Swish lite v 1.52 and know what I want to do for a school project. In short, swish lite 1.52 is not a fully working version- it created the images, but the swf file does not work due to the fact that it is for trial only... and I would like to try some other prog. before I commit to spending the mula.

Q- Does anyone happen to know of a functional version of any flash creator that will allow me to create a simple working demo?

12-02-2002, 11:53 PM
Well, go for SWiSH, not SWiSH lite. I have (and continue to) use it, and experienced no problems whatsoever. They have their own main filetype (.swi) which you need to edit the file, but you can easily export a .swf file which works perfectly well.

If you would like to see some of the things I have done with SWiSH, (In .swf format) you can go here:

That is basically all my first flash works; most of them a joke, but It was my first week working with it, I've improved much since then.

I don't know that that really answers your question, but hey, maybe it will help someone else who comes by this post.

12-03-2002, 06:43 PM
thank you- I never would have thought that v2.0 would let you save a working version and swish 1.52 would only let you try it before purchase. Thanks! this prog is great!

12-03-2002, 07:31 PM
Its Flash MX not FX.

Flash MX has lots of featres. They extended their supported multimedia file types.

12-03-2002, 11:12 PM
No problem, good luck with the flash. :thumbsup: