View Full Version : Javascript Dhtml Drop Down Menu

02-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Hi there,

I followed and successfully installed this dhtml javascript drop down menu. The link is at the following url...

I have installed it on my website below...

But, with the <a href> tags that have javascript hover functions on them, eg, on my website above, on links in the menu which have a drop down menu like the blog link, users can only click on the items in the blog drop down menu, not the acctual blog menu link that will take them to http://www.allsortgroup.com/blog

How can i enable it so that links with drop down menu javascript functions applied to them can be clicked aswell as their drop down menu items?

02-24-2007, 12:23 AM
For onclick you're returning a value in div id-top nav seems like two reactions for the same one action

02-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Could you possibly explain this further?

02-25-2007, 08:30 AM
that line of code with the blog link.
A href you want to open a link when clicked, right?
Onclick you want to work when it's clicked too.

02-25-2007, 08:43 AM
this one (click example to see)

I like.
I updated one .js file and it updates the menu on all the pages.
Took about 2 minutes to figure out his code and change the example menu into one of my own, with my own links, colors etc.

02-25-2007, 11:51 AM
I have had a look through the tutorial you posted, but there is sooo much javascript. The menu i use has hardly any javascript.

I have deleted the onclick function, and now i can click the main menu items, and the menu still works fine :)

Thank you!