View Full Version : Design Critique Requested

KyleEW12
12-02-2002, 04:13 AM
I'm working on a website and have finished the design. I'd like constructive criticism on my design: http://www.captoveritas.com/idea.html

mouse
12-02-2002, 04:35 AM
I like it. There are a few things I personally don't much like; the italic subheadings being one and the rollover colour being the same colour as the menu header on the left hand side. I also think "columnists" should be left aligned.

:)

cg9com
12-02-2002, 04:53 AM
not bad not bad :)
i personally dont like the "generators" buts its cool
you should get yourself a document type declaration.

ronaldb66
12-02-2002, 08:53 AM
I really like the look-n-feel on first inspection; i second mouse on the italic headings though, and there's something about the font used that bothers me, i just don't know what. Maybe a little smaller?

Also, since you're using tables for the basic layout, think about setting the outer table width at 100%, that way, your layout will seemlessly fit other resolutions outside 800x600 as well, making optimal use of available space when used on 1024x768 or higher, and probably still holding up on lower resolutions or non-maximized windows. If you fix the widths for the left and right columns, the center content column will take up the "slack".

Lastly, i'd suggest having a little footer underneath the pages (can be empty, like the background color) to emphasize that the page has indeed ended there.

ionsurge
12-02-2002, 11:14 AM
I am not a fan of the font size, it is a bit too big...

Ionsurge.

KyleEW12
12-03-2002, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll work off these suggestions.

And, of course, more comments are welcome.....

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum