View Full Version : Hi! *waves* Newbie with a big question! (Flash related)

Bullocks
12-01-2002, 10:37 PM
I'm working on something for a teacher of mine in Cisco Networking Class, problem is, I've done quite alot of html design and javascript, but I have only played around with Flash, using a wizard that I got a free trial for. I don't necessarily need flash for this project, but he wants me to make an image of a router for him, moving to show paths for the network. I already have an idea of what I want to do, but I need to know where I can get the software to do this.

I visited some sites that offer software to make flash, and of course, Macromedia's set is over 400 bucks, which I can't afford. Does anyone know where I can find the means to help me make this small project possible? I only have to make a few buttons...but have no idea where to look.

Thanks. I'd appreciate an email or a post here if anyone knows anything.

Kay
12-01-2002, 11:34 PM
http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?area=products
Swish seems to have a lot of the Flash capabilities, (and can save your file wit a.swf extention) minus the price tag - I believe it's around $ 50.00.
You can d/l a 30 day trial version.
HTH

Mhtml
12-02-2002, 12:35 AM
If you are after a few buttons, www.freeguistuff.com have online wizards which will create flash buttons for you.

Same with www.flashbuttons.com I think
You could also try www.flashkit.com and why not just download the flash mx or flash 5 trial from macromedia which should last long enough to make what you need 30 days I think.

Or if you described exactly what you needed I could make you some and upload them as an attachment.

ionsurge
12-02-2002, 11:05 AM
Flashbuttons.com is kewl.

Ionsurge.

Bullocks
12-06-2002, 06:56 AM
Thank you so much! Mhtml, I'm not sure if this is something that you could make for me or not...I'm trying to take a picture of a router, and make it look like it is directing packets along paths.

I do appreciate the offer though, and if you still think that you can make that for me, I would be more than happy to accept your help. Thanks for all of the websites, I remember guistuff from my early days of websurfing, and I guess that it's about time I go back there.

Catch you later!:p

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum