View Full Version : Opinions on new website

blue_harvester
02-19-2007, 01:25 PM
I've just launched a new website. It's a popurls type service only for football news:

http://footballbulletins.com/

It's nothing fancy and is just somewhere you can go to get a quick snapshot of the latest football news before heading off to the respective sites. I used PHP and RSS. Any constructive criticisms on the design/functioanlity would be greatly appreciated!

timgolding
02-19-2007, 01:26 PM
seems to do its job

firepages
02-19-2007, 01:58 PM
not a PHP question, moving elsewhere

jpamorgan
02-19-2007, 09:17 PM
i like it!

Sweet & to the point
nice logo
good colors
nice mouse-over effect

overall it makes a very good looking site

i would change the colors of the headers
of the individual sources (ex. bbc.co.uk) so that they can be easily distinguished from the content

maybe change the footer to green like the header and the google ads box to black

blue_harvester
02-19-2007, 11:29 PM
i like it!

Sweet & to the point
nice logo
good colors
nice mouse-over effect

overall it makes a very good looking site

i would change the colors of the headers
of the individual sources (ex. bbc.co.uk) so that they can be easily distinguished from the content

maybe change the footer to green like the header and the google ads box to black
Yeah these are all really good comments, I'll definitely take them into consideration. I've taken the Google ads from the top of the site as I think it made it look too "spammy" looking. So now I have only Google ads at the bottom of the site.

ahallicks
02-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Very strange... you don't apear to have a Doctype and you have a few validation errors. To make the site better you could try correcting these errors and make it standards compliant.

And, love that rollover effect. Take it it's javascript?

blue_harvester
02-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Very strange... you don't apear to have a Doctype and you have a few validation errors. To make the site better you could try correcting these errors and make it standards compliant.

And, love that rollover effect. Take it it's javascript?
Thanks for the feedback. When you say that it will make the site better do you mean in terms of performance? I don't understand.

Yes the rollover effect is javascript.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum