PDA

View Full Version : javascript turned off

Martins
02-08-2007, 10:30 AM
It is possible to navigate most of my site without javascript but there are some pages I need to re-direct users away from if they have javascript turned off.

Please can somebody tell me the best way to do this and the code to use.

Thanks.

Bill Posters
02-08-2007, 10:53 AM
there are some pages I need to re-direct users away from if they have javascript turned off
First things firstů why?
What is on those pages that won't be of use or interest to non-js users?

Depending on the content you're presenting, it may be better to simply notify users of the need for js, rather than redirect those w/o js away from those parts of the site.

Kor
02-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Or make it simple: Either you build your pages to be accessed a way or another by all the users, no matter the javascript enabled/disabled (the best solution) or you build your pages using javascript and don't care about javascript off visitors. A middle way is the worst way, as you must spent too much effort in order to balance the idea.

neomaximus2k
02-08-2007, 12:51 PM
First things firstů why?
What is on those pages that won't be of use or interest to non-js users?

Depending on the content you're presenting, it may be better to simply notify users of the need for js, rather than redirect those w/o js away from those parts of the site.

I am guessing that if he uses a JS navigation then he wants to visitors to still be able to navigate the pages just not with the JS menu, makes sense really

Bill Posters
02-08-2007, 01:30 PM
I am guessing that if he uses a JS navigation then he wants to visitors to still be able to navigate the pages just not with the JS menu, makes sense really

That would indeed make sense, but I don't think that was it.
It sounded to me that, rather than looking for ways to make the js-oriented content available to non-js users, the OP was seeking a way to prevent non-js users from even reaching js-oriented content.
i.e. ways to exclude rather than include.

Until the OP returns to clarify, we're left speculating as to the purpose behind their query.