View Full Version : javascript turned off

Martins
02-08-2007, 10:30 AM
It is possible to navigate most of my site without javascript but there are some pages I need to re-direct users away from if they have javascript turned off.

Please can somebody tell me the best way to do this and the code to use.

Thanks.

Bill Posters
02-08-2007, 10:53 AM
there are some pages I need to re-direct users away from if they have javascript turned off
First things firstů why?
What is on those pages that won't be of use or interest to non-js users?

Depending on the content you're presenting, it may be better to simply notify users of the need for js, rather than redirect those w/o js away from those parts of the site.

Kor
02-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Or make it simple: Either you build your pages to be accessed a way or another by all the users, no matter the javascript enabled/disabled (the best solution) or you build your pages using javascript and don't care about javascript off visitors. A middle way is the worst way, as you must spent too much effort in order to balance the idea.

neomaximus2k
02-08-2007, 12:51 PM
First things firstů why?
What is on those pages that won't be of use or interest to non-js users?

Depending on the content you're presenting, it may be better to simply notify users of the need for js, rather than redirect those w/o js away from those parts of the site.

I am guessing that if he uses a JS navigation then he wants to visitors to still be able to navigate the pages just not with the JS menu, makes sense really

Bill Posters
02-08-2007, 01:30 PM
I am guessing that if he uses a JS navigation then he wants to visitors to still be able to navigate the pages just not with the JS menu, makes sense really

That would indeed make sense, but I don't think that was it.
It sounded to me that, rather than looking for ways to make the js-oriented content available to non-js users, the OP was seeking a way to prevent non-js users from even reaching js-oriented content.
i.e. ways to exclude rather than include.

Until the OP returns to clarify, we're left speculating as to the purpose behind their query.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum