View Full Version : problems installing forum/mysql with GODADDY [was what the hell is this]

And
02-07-2007, 05:48 AM
Hello I have been having huge problems with godaddy.com and hosting. Now I am back down to shared hosting again cause they wouldn't help me with anything with the VPS i purchased from them.

So anyways heres me trying to install a forum and I set up a database and see the host name and am like what is this?

The host name is: p3smysql19.secureserver.net

Now generally I haven't seen the p3s infront of it before, but anyways I try to install my forum with this host name, and it won't recongnize, then I try to install a wordpress blog with another database that I created with the same p3s infront of the mysql... and again it won't install cause nothings recongizing this host name.

What may be the problem? and how come theres the p3s infront of the mysq....?

P.S. I have a SSL certificate installed on my main domain being hosted under the hosting. I unno if this maybe the problem.

IM SOOOOO FREAKING PISSED WITH GODADDY!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY.

gunman
02-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Well, if i remember correct when you login in phpmyadmin look at title and you should see ip address of that mysql server. Use ip address as your host name and try again to install forum. Good Luck

And
02-07-2007, 07:42 AM
Thanks man, but it didn't work.

I guess I'm going to have to call godaddy up for the 25th time, damn I'm sick of calling them.

guelphdad
02-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Take your money and go to somewhere reliable.

In future please use helpful thread titles, what you used did not describe what the thread is about.

scrupul0us
02-07-2007, 07:06 PM
well lets see...

if u are installing the software on the same server as the mysql server then use localhost

if i recall godaddy doesn't let you access mysql from outside the localhost

try that

tanik
01-17-2015, 04:44 PM
Hello everybody, are you thinking you buy a .COM domain name or some domain names for your business. I'm offered to buy a .COM domain name from Godaddy at $.99! This is really a big offer. BTW, if you need domain names you can also enjoy this offer with a promo code "99WORD".

Simply visit Godaddy and register a new account there. Search for a new domain name and select your domain name and continue on next steps. When you'll checkout for that domain name just use this PROMO CODE "99WORD" and enjoy this superb offer.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum