View Full Version : User names and MySQL databases

kaitco
02-04-2007, 10:18 PM
I have just changed hosts and servers and I am trying desperately to correct my MySQL databases. My backed-up databases were under the user name, "kaitco_" and then the name of the database. I need to edit the databases so that instead of them pointing to kaitco_, they point to dorie3_, and I have no idea how to do accomplish this or if there is even something better that I should be doing.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

raf
02-05-2007, 01:17 PM
I need to edit the databases so that instead of them pointing to kaitco_, they point to dorie3_, and ...
i've got no idea what you mean by that. can you explain this a bit more?

SNC-Zach
02-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Edit the SQL file and change the names to match, then upload via phpMyAdmin

kaitco
02-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Okay...here is a stupid question: how do I edit the SQL file? Is it something that can be done with just notepad or do I need something else?

SNC-Zach
02-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah, Wordpad does better actually, but Notepad will work fine.

kaitco
02-09-2007, 05:14 PM
I have another stupid, newbie question: how do I edit username information on a database that I have already created and is on my server?

If I have a database set up, like a WordPress blog for example, and I need to change the username and password information associated with that database, how do I do this? I am very new to MySQL and phpMyAdmin, obviously, and I know that I need to edit the information in the database, but I have no idea how to even access it.

Can anyone help me out with this?

neomaximus2k
02-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I have another stupid, newbie question: how do I edit username information on a database that I have already created and is on my server?

If I have a database set up, like a WordPress blog for example, and I need to change the username and password information associated with that database, how do I do this? I am very new to MySQL and phpMyAdmin, obviously, and I know that I need to edit the information in the database, but I have no idea how to even access it.

Can anyone help me out with this?

This depends on the applications, most applications encode the password in the database so unless you login to the administration of the script and change it there you will have a hard time.

If you mean the mysql user then you can use your cpanel for that

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum