View Full Version : attach a file in a form

Homer
11-29-2002, 01:23 PM
Hi expert people

I have a form on my web-site that users can use to send me their details etc, this works fine. I have now inserted an element that allows them to attach a file from their hard drive such as an image file, this works fine in that it finds a file, enters the file name and path in the box and sends these details along with the rest of the information. However when this information arrives in my e-mail box all the information is there including details of the attached file, but no file! What am I doing wrong?

Any advice would be appreciated

Regards

Homer

Bosko
11-29-2002, 03:19 PM
This is probably the wrong forum for this.
What are you using to proces the form?PHP?

Homer
11-29-2002, 04:07 PM
Hi Bosko

I am told that I am using formmail.pl to handle the form, as I said everything else works fine except the 'attach file' box.

Actually I have just realised that this forum reply form has an 'attach file' box exactly the same as I need, but how to get this to work I have no idea.

appreciate any further comments

meerkat
11-29-2002, 04:15 PM
Homer

What Bosko was referring to was that it requires server side coding (PHP, Perl etc) to work.

Basically your clients need toupload their image/whatever to your website.

meerkat

Homer
11-29-2002, 05:27 PM
Sorry for my ignorance, as I said I am only struggling through this one step at a time but I find it rather confusing, I gues this is something I should leave to the experts.

Regards

Homer

meerkat
11-29-2002, 06:18 PM
Hey don't be sorry for what you consider to be ignorance - we all have to start somewhere and by not asking you won't get anywhere:)

meerkat

Vladdy
11-29-2002, 06:58 PM
make sure your enctype is not the default application/x-www-form-urlencoded but multipart/form-data

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum