PDA

View Full Version : Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end

Flic
02-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Hi.

I'm only a beginner on PHP but keep getting the message in the title as an error when I upload the page.

The line number it applies to is always on the last line, even if that line is blank.

Anyone know why and how to fix?

Thanks, Flic

_Aerospace_Eng_
02-01-2007, 05:18 PM
How the heck can we possibly know how to fix it if you haven't posted any code or what the error message was?

Flic
02-01-2007, 06:48 PM
I did post the error, its in the title!

Mwnciau
02-01-2007, 07:01 PM
I think thats because you havent closed some {} tags

_Aerospace_Eng_
02-01-2007, 07:04 PM
But you haven't posted your code. Not everyone's code is the same you know. Post YOUR code. Stop making us guess.

neomaximus2k
02-01-2007, 07:04 PM
if you are using any loops then check that they have all been closed

e.g

if (this is the statement){
###do somet
}

as you can see all loops start with a { and end with a }

failing that post your code and this will allow us to find where the problem is.

Flic
02-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Ah ha! It was a missing } , apparently when I deleted a chunk I accidentaly deleted that too! I should have thought to look for that but it was the fact is was coming up with the error on the last line that got me, but then now I know what it was I'm guessing it was expecting it later.

The reason I didn't want to post the code unless absolutely necessary was because I have done before and the threads now appear in google when looking for the site. Is there a way to remove threads on here? I couldn't see one.

Alex!
02-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Why do you want to remove a thread? If you've got a problem and you solve it then you can leave it for others to find when they have the same problem.

Alex

Flic
02-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Not this one, but other ones where I (stupidly) actually put the whole url in the message so it comes up in google as mentionned. Boss googled it once and wants it off.