02-01-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm trying to apply a tile background image to my page, but I can't seem to get this to work when using images I've created myself. However, using the same HTML/CSS code downloaded images work fine. Are there any settings I need to use in Photoshop to enable the image for the web?
02-01-2007, 11:30 AM
We can't guess what it is. Could you be a little more specific by showing us your entire code please?
02-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Sorry, at work at the moment so can't show the code - I'll upload when I get back.
As I said though, the code doesn't seem to be the problem because I can use any stock images. The problem only occurs when I create or edit images.
Karen S. Garvin
02-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Here's a quick list of things to check:
1) Are your images in the correct directory? (the one your img src tag directs the browser to).
2) Are the names the same (check for typos)? No offense, but this happens to me lots when I'm in a hurry. ;)
3) What file format are your images in? GIF, JPEG, PNG?
4) Are the images in RGB format? Don't use CMYK, LAB, or other color spaces.
5) Check the images' resolution to make sure they are all at 72 dpi. If they are a higher resolution than that, they might just be taking a very, very long time to display.
02-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the reply.
I've already checked most of the things suggested, but didn't know that images had to be in RGB. I'll check that tonight.