View Full Version : Web TV

Nightfire
11-28-2002, 06:00 PM
Anyone use this? I've just got a new video card and want to test it out, but everytime I try to watch a station, I get:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannot display this channel. Check your TV tuner card and make sure that other video applications (e.g., DVD player) are not running.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have a DVD player, or anything else running apart from WebTV when I try to watch this Any ideas?

I've got a SIS315 128mb (DVI+TV) card

brothercake
11-28-2002, 09:20 PM
This may seem obvious - but do you have an RF input (ie, an arial) into the card?

Nightfire
11-28-2002, 09:36 PM
This is the link http://www.sis.com/products/graphics/315.htm

I can't see anywhere for the aerial to plug into. There's one for the monitor, an 8 - 12 pin socket for something and another one in the center which has an adapter that fits on, at first I thought I plugged the aerial into the adapter, but after trying it, the adapter is too small for the aerial :( Maybe it's to go into the back of a modern tv?

Nightfire
11-28-2002, 10:37 PM
Just read on microsoft that I'm meant to have cable, a tv and the tv tuner. :rolleyes: Surely I don't need them or else what's the point in having it on my PC if I can use the TV to make it work on the PC.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum