View Full Version : php error checking

01-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Hey Guys,
I'm using php as a backend language to a flex application i'm building. For those of you who are unfirmiliar with flex, it is an asynchronous style language built on flash. My problem is it is very hard to debug. Similar to many problems developers have encoutered with ajax, you can't actually see whats going on in the backend. To help i'm just writting all the variables that are coming in and and out to a txt file. I was wondering if there was a way to catch any type of warning or synax error that might have occured. I'm using a try catch right now to write anything that errors in that sense to a file, but i wanted to take it a step further and basically catch any type server side (pre-runtime) error and spit that into a error.txt file as well. Any advice would be great.

01-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Check out.

Good luck!

01-29-2007, 03:03 AM
great... thanks for the reply!!

02-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Finally got a chance to check this out. It seems like the error reporting only controls which errors are being displayed. Does anyone know if there is a way to actually write the error to a file?

Right now i have a simple synax error:
"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /var/www/server/site/remote_php/remote_objects/management.php on line 65"

i would like to actually have the file written to an error.txt file. It can still display to the screen, but using an asynchronous language, this will give me the ability to actaully read what had printed to the screen.

02-05-2007, 02:51 PM
In php.ini you have log_errors and error_log.