View Full Version : Overflow Woes - Help!

Wee Bubba
01-24-2007, 09:14 AM
ive just spent hours trying to get a <DIV> to overflow properly and now im at my wit's end! please help me!

i have placed a datagrid inside a <DIV>. my aim is for the grid to have a horizontal scrollbar underneath it if the contents would otherwise overflow.

at the moment in firefox the <DIV> shows BOTH horizontal and vertical scrollbars. i only need horizontal.

in IE 7 there's no scrollbars! so when the datagrid contains a lot of data the grid overflows causing the page to have a horizontal scrollbar, not the <DIV> like i wanted.

<div style="overflow:auto;">

thats what im trying so far. i also tried setting margin to -1 and width to 100% no joy.

01-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Goodmorning Wee Bubba,
I'm hung over this am and I can't seem to mind read as well as usual. We're really going to need to see your code to figure this out - CSS, HTML and the size of the datagrid your trying to put in the div would be nice.
A link would be better.

01-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Im having a very similiar problem with this at http://worktips.co.uk/thisover.html

So close yet so far. What I dont understand is where scrollbars come into it, Im just looking add a border around 1 header and 3 columns???