View Full Version : Google Adsense Javascript Hack...

thepocketgeek
01-11-2007, 03:49 PM
We are using phpAdsNew for our banner rotation and about once a week or so, we find that the javascript embedded in our HTML for phpAdsNew has been replaced by code for Google Adsense. Here is the code we are finding:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-3191152759796366";
google_ad_width = 468;
google_ad_height = 60;
google_ad_format = "468x60_as";
google_ad_type = "text_image";
google_ad_channel = "";
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

I think that they are exploiting the code from phpAdsNew. Does any one know how this is being accomplished or how I can prevent it from happening again? We have contacted Google regarding the code being embedded but I need to figure out why this is happening.

felgall
01-11-2007, 08:11 PM
It has nothing to do with Google so contacting them unless it was to report that someone was hacking your site and inserting ads belonging to google_ad_client pub-3191152759796366 (either the person themselves trying to earn from your site or someone else hoping that you'd report them and get them banned from Google).

The most likely cause is a security hole in phpAdsNew and so you should be reporting the problem to the writers of phpAdsNew so that they can investigate and fix it.

thepocketgeek
01-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks Felgall. I never considered that they might be trying to get someone banned from Google. The Google Bandit ( as we've come to call he or she) strikes at least once a week, sometimes twice in one day when they are feeling particularly energetic. I am going to report the bug to the PAN group and see what they think.

I appreciate you taking the time to post.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum