View Full Version : Multi Column Text Area

01-11-2007, 11:37 AM
How can I create a multi column text area?
Text Area already contains the columns but I want to show different values in each column. Like I give cols=30 in text area. Now I want to show a list in first 10 columns, another list in next 10 columns & last list in next 10. Please guide me how can I do this?

01-11-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't know of a way to do this with textarea. In theory it seems like you might be able to simulate it with a table and a normal text with a maximum of 10 character length in each cell. It would probably not work the way you want though. Or maybe you could take multiple textarea with cols=10 and place them next to each other.

Really I have no idea. :) Just thinking outloud. I guess it all depends what sort of functionality you needed it for.

01-11-2007, 11:36 PM
I am also pretty sure you can't create columns inside of a textarea. I'm pretty sure its contents must be text only (no html tags). david's idea of several textareas next to each other is excellent. if you set their borders to 0 and make sure there is no spacing between them, it would give the illusion you're looking for.