View Full Version : Basic Help

gamerunlimited
01-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Hi. I need some basic JavaScript help. Please contact me about this issue because I'd rather not talk about the script itself on here.

Email: GamerUnlimited@gmail.com
AIM: GUgamer
YIM: GUgamer
MSN: gamerunlimited@hotmail.com

SpirtOfGrandeur
01-10-2007, 03:13 AM
Why don't you leave the question you have here?

Troy297
01-10-2007, 03:33 AM
Ya I agree with Spirit. It would even help if you could give us just a general idea of what you need help with that way we will know if we (as an individual) will be able to help.

Remember this is a public help forum! ;)

gamerunlimited
01-10-2007, 03:55 AM
Hi guys. The base of what I need help with is this;

I established a connection with a corporation and got their source code for something, the owner cannot help due to lack of time, but I can customize the script and integrate it on my site, according to him. He gave me a .JS file with everything in it, and it's all I need according to him.

The problem? I'm a JavaScript retard. ;) The reason for not posting it here is that its a script that isn't supposed to get out, I guess.

Basically he gave me the script and I need to manifest the script's actions themselves onto a form on a page, if that makes sense.

Philip M
01-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Are you trying to say that the code you have acquired has been stolen?

gamerunlimited
01-10-2007, 02:31 PM
No, I'm trying to say that its a code meant only for my use, designed specifically for me, and I do not want the code to get out.:confused:

frosty1433
01-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Ok... so now... What are you trying to do? What's the error? Can you post a little part of the code, that you are having troubles with, so we can help you?

Philip M
01-10-2007, 04:26 PM
No, I'm trying to say that its a code meant only for my use, designed specifically for me, and I do not want the code to get out.:confused:

The moment you place your page on the web the code will be entirely visible and accessible to everyone - it is not possible to "protect" client-side code to prevent others from viewing/filching it.

gamerunlimited
01-10-2007, 04:38 PM
It will be protected because of the fact that on his server it restricts usage of the script to my domain only.

Anyhow, I am at work right now and will post a more indepth synopsis when I get home around 3:30.

Thanks

SpirtOfGrandeur
01-10-2007, 05:37 PM
It will be protected because of the fact that on his server it restricts usage of the script to my domain only.

Anyhow, I am at work right now and will post a more indepth synopsis when I get home around 3:30.

Thanks

Ehehe people believe any thing...

gamerunlimited
01-10-2007, 10:20 PM
What's that supposed to mean? Try using the script on your website and see if it works. Loser. :P

Mr. Bubble
01-11-2007, 02:11 AM
What exactly does the script do?

6arredja
01-11-2007, 02:32 AM
ill bet it will display the exact time of death for all users
who access the site.

i have been developing such a code but it is merely in the beta stages

but seriously you have to put it in an html file using the following code:

<html>
<head>
<link rel="javascript" src="thefileyoudontwantanyonetoknowabout.js">
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

and you let it rip

if nothing happens then i strongly suggest you either learn some javascript at

http://www.w3schools.com/js/

or post it here so we can help you

and mr.bubble is right as soon as some open up your site they can download your death javascript and will either find it boring or use it himself in some way that makes no sense

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum