View Full Version : HTML FORM: Submit Button?

prophetofjah
01-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Howdy,
I have a small text field that people enter their email address into to request a newsletter from the site I am working on.

Should I have a "Submit" button next to the field or do you think people will know to type in there email address and then hit return?

I would like not to include a "Submit" button... but not sure if people would not be sure what to do. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
POJ

Arbitrator
01-06-2007, 12:25 AM
Personally, there should either be a submit button or written instructions. Usability is more important than appearances.

whizard
01-06-2007, 02:37 AM
Unless your website is for web designers, I can guarantee 99% of your users will have no clue what to do.

On the bright side, it is possible to apply styling to your submit button, or use a custom image, to streamline the look.

Dan

neomaximus2k
01-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Howdy,
I have a small text field that people enter their email address into to request a newsletter from the site I am working on.

Should I have a "Submit" button next to the field or do you think people will know to type in there email address and then hit return?

I would like not to include a "Submit" button... but not sure if people would not be sure what to do. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
POJ

You should always have a submit button as it is a basic requirement of any form. Of course it doesn't have to say submit you can change it to whatever you like

<input type="submit" name="submit" id="submit" value="Signup for Newsletter" />

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum