View Full Version : MAC Rendering problems

11-25-2002, 03:24 PM

I am new to this forum, so I hope am putting this in the correct section. I am experiencing a rendering problem with MACs using IE. When a MAC user goes to www.ten31productions.com they get nothing just a blank page. I'm not sure how to correct this problem and I do need MAC users to see this site. Any ideas??
please assist?

this is a relatively new mac about 9months old using IE 5.0.

11-25-2002, 03:52 PM

On a Mac here.
You're right. it doesn't work in Mac/IE but it does work in Mac/Moz1.1.

IE5.0+ for Macs is very compliant (not like Win/IE) and I noticed in your code that you hadn't put inverted commas (" ") around some of the attributes in the body (height, width etc).

I suggest trying this for a start.

There's something else as well… but I just can't figure it at the moment. Will look more closely when I've got some time.

BTW. jkd will probably catch this straight away:)

11-25-2002, 04:13 PM
Meerkat - thanks for the input.

I will go into my css portion - a code it properly ---

thanks I would love anymore ideas & input.

I validated my code w3c (html & css), it passed accept for the alt elements - because I don't have them.

11-25-2002, 04:21 PM
You might also try escaping your slash characters in the javascript portion, e.g., instead of images/gar.gif write images\/gar.gif

11-25-2002, 04:42 PM
dont use quotes around values in css.

11-25-2002, 04:59 PM
My guess would be that you've opened a comment for your javascript, but you haven't closed it before the </script> tag - so the browser might consider the whole page to be a comment.

syntax-highlighting text-editors help for this kind of thing

11-25-2002, 05:02 PM
I removed any quotes I had, except around the fonts because of the spaces in the fnt name.

I did the escaping slash.

But unfortunately - it's still blank on the MAC

Please keep the comments & ideas coming

11-25-2002, 05:02 PM
Brothercake is right.

When you start your script like this:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">

...end it like this:

// -->

11-25-2002, 05:48 PM

Brothercake and MCookie are right…

Have just tested it and if you put in the
at the end of your JS as suggested it works fine in IE

11-25-2002, 05:57 PM
I fixed the comment thing---- I can't believe how long I looked at that & did not see it --- thanks

I am now running into some positional issues. Where Can I find references to MAC/css stuff?

By the way --- All of you are great -- I have been on other forums, that people don't respond or they are rude, if they bother to respond at all!!

thanks a bunch

11-26-2002, 09:47 AM
Here's a good link fpr Mac/IE bugs and fixes…

11-26-2002, 04:30 PM
Yeah - check out the page that's linked to from that one - http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Eppk/js/ie5mac/margin.html

That's so cool; it's been plagueing me for months that bug - very pleased to see he's found a work around for it.

11-26-2002, 10:32 PM
meerkat & brothercake,

thanks for the info -- I appreciate it!!