View Full Version : website using frames needs easy way out

branflakes
01-03-2007, 07:40 PM
I've been given the task to allow my companies product to support multiple page designs. How wonderful.

Currently, their product uses frames. It is the typical framed layout ... banner on top, nav on left ... pretty cheap way out of doing things the right way if you ask me.

However, now they want different layouts ... such as a horizontal dropdown menu to have more room for a wider content area. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I can't get away from using frames on the site, so I don't see how I'll be able to make different types of layouts for this website.

Originally I figured I'd grab some CSS code and make one of those hover menus. They'd like something like that. However, it would still be in frames, so a hover menu wouldnt really work (it would just add scrollbars to the frame it is in).

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions that may put me in the right direction?

nikkiH
01-03-2007, 09:59 PM
HVMenu on Dynamic Drive supports frames.

ronaldb66
01-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Since you can't position content outside a frame, I can't see how that solves his dropdown issue.

Branflakes,

Your best bet would still be to ditch the frames; they hinder making us of the power of CSS to flexibly control page layout and design.
If this really is no option, your only choices are those that are confined to the space in each frame; there is no way around that.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum