View Full Version : Open page at anchor

kuijo
01-03-2007, 05:47 AM
So basically what i'm trying to do is when you open the page, it will start in the middle of the content or at the bottom of the page.

I figured i could pull this off with anchor tags, but the only way i can have it move to the tag automatically is with a refresh command... Which i don't want to do. Do i have any other options?

Thanks

koyama
01-03-2007, 05:57 AM
Why refresh? Could you not open the page directly with the anchor using:

http://somedomain.com/file.html#myanchor

kuijo
01-03-2007, 05:59 AM
My mistake, i probably should have mentioned. I don't have control over the link that goes to my page. So thats out of my hands.

Tyrial101
01-03-2007, 06:15 AM
I am not sure what you want... Don't worry, it happens alot with me.

All I am getting is either you want to open a page in a Frame, or in a new Window.

You would have to use <frame> and its sister tags for frames w/ target="frame_name" as an attribute in the Anchor tag, or target="_blank" to open in a new window.

kuijo
01-03-2007, 06:31 AM
i'll rephrase it, maybe i didn't put it so clearly earlier.

There will be a link to WebsiteA; i don't have control of this link, so i can't add any codes to it.

When WebsiteA opens, instead of starting at the top of the page(default), i need it to start at the bottom. So the viewer has to scroll up to see the beginning of the page.

koyama
01-03-2007, 06:34 AM
well otherwise you could use JavaScript

<a id="myanchor" name="myanchor"></a>
<script type="text/javascript">
document.getElementById('myanchor').focus();
</script>

Tyrial101
01-03-2007, 06:41 AM
Well, if you don't have access to edit the actual anchor tag, you probably won't be able to do so, unless you can make the url of that anchor "url.com/page.html#BottomOfPage"

and then put <a name="BottomOfPage"></a> where you want the page to load.

Otherwise, I think you may be S.O.L. even using the above script.

What are you using to host? a FreeHosting site? Because that doesn't sound like a very good one... If you want suggestions I can give you some. PM me.

Tyrial101
01-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Wait, the above script amy work, if you can edit in Anchor tags, but not edit the navigation links. My bad :)

kuijo
01-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Ha, Java's not allowed. Only HTML and CSS. Oh well guess i'm out of luck. I appreciate yalls time.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum