View Full Version : Getting Rid Of An ALERT

01-03-2007, 01:58 AM
I have the following code:

alert ("Refresh Now");

I want the refresh_all function to execute when the program returns from the window.open. The only way I can get it to execute when returning is to put an alert command. But this requires a user response. I want the refresh_all function to fire when the window.open returns. Any help would be appreciated.

01-03-2007, 06:04 AM
You can put onblur in the BODY of DefectEntry.htm, and add a class with window.opener.refresh_all(), and this class have to function when the BODY of DefectEntry.htm loss focus.

01-03-2007, 06:11 AM
so you want the refresh_all() function to run after the content of the opened window has loaded?

if so, so doing a while loop to search for a specific element within the openened window, and when it sees it (when the page has loaded) it will then call to the refresh_all() function and escape the loop.

then in side the source code of the window being opened place a small tag like so after the </body> tag:

<div id="mark"></div>

the above will keep checking for the exsistance of the specified element until it is there, then once it sees it it will call to the refresh_all() function