View Full Version : Please Check out the Layout

01-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi, I am trying to iron out the bugs for my site:

I am primarily concerned about layout issues (unclosed div's etc)

please take a look -- works fine under latest Firefox and MIE 7, havent check any other browers.

please don't be (too) nasty! thanks in advance

01-03-2007, 01:37 AM
EDIT: Srry - I viewed it in FF 2 and it looked fine. When I tried in Maxthon & IE6 it was mangled though. I also tried it on FF 1.? (1.something) on my Linux machine and it appeared fine.

-none of the links work in the lower sections (prenancy, infertility, parenthood, and breastfeeding) they just take you to a page saying "no input file specified"
-i see you used a logo template ;) i won't tell
-the text you used for the header and sub categories suits the topic & looks good
-nice colour selections and etc.
-you should think about possible adding some colour to your right hand side column which has the "information" in it
-the layout is simple, clean, and easy to use

Overall a very nice job for mothers just looking for a free online community to easily access great info!

01-03-2007, 01:40 AM
oh darn.. I missed those links.. thanks for reminding me

how about the layout? does it layout nicely?

I am at work using MIE 6.0 -- the damn layout is totally screwy on MIE 6.0 argh!!!

do < div float: right's > not work in MIE 6.0 or something??? the div float's are waaay off..

01-03-2007, 01:51 AM
downside to the name Gabbar? Not even an anagram of anything for a start.

get rid of my tools, not all pregnant women are technical, they cant even use contreceptation for a start thats why they are pregnant for.

Some small tiny bits that need to be ironed out, but technically you might be onto a cult website in some respects.

Get some advertising on there and get some hits, it's deep down crude in some respects but it's got something about it.

01-03-2007, 02:31 AM
Kinda looks like you designed the site for fellow progrmmers to look at, rather than your target audience - if you know what I mean?

Good concept though.

Kind regards,

01-03-2007, 04:31 AM
what do you mean by "cult website"????? what is "cultish" about it?

01-03-2007, 05:36 AM
Looks kinda mangled in IE7 too.
Have you looked at the validator? (http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.gabbr.com/) - 188 errors!

01-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Wrong, I got 267 errors ;) lol