View Full Version : Changing output message

florida
11-25-2002, 11:51 AM
I have a page when I click on a link it works for me but it gets the document for my link from a directory that not everyone has permissions to see. So I can limit who sees this document. Because of limited permissions on this document the link shows an error message box saying: "Netscape is unable to find the file or directory
named //mydirectory/here/mydoc.doc." to all people who do not have permissions to view the document.

Is there anyway to put something in my html so I can put my own Netscape 4.77 browser output message saying "You do not have permissions to view this document" after someone (without proper permissions) clicks on this link???

ACJavascript
11-25-2002, 01:39 PM
I dont think thats possible. B/c thats a browser message.
Unless theres a little coding out there that graps it and changes it if there is boy,, would i like to see that lol :D But i dont think there is.

florida
11-25-2002, 02:08 PM
I get the same message no matter what Browser I am using. I need something like "onerror" function.
It doesnt matter what browser I use because I get the same message saying about permissions and want to change that message that I stated in my earlier question.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum