View Full Version : Help with Myspace CSS and annoying white box.

Spookshow
01-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm extremely new to CSS and basically have no real idea how to do much of anything. In editing my Myspace profile, I just copied a code I found online and am editing it like mad (or trying to) to get it to look like how I want it.

I managed to hide everything I wanted to hide except the obnoxious white box (the "About Me" box, for anybody here who uses Myspace) that you can see on the right side of the page. Here's my profile: http://www.myspace.com/spookshow_x

Here's my extremely messy code:

<style>.orangetext15{display: none;}</style>
<style>.LIGHTBLUETEXT8{DISPLAY:NONE;VISIBILITY:HIDDEN}</style><br />

</div><style>.hidethem {visibility:hidden; display:none;}</style>

<style type="text/css">
table, td {background-color:transparent; border:none; border-width:0;}

body{background-image:url("http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/eukasan/Myspace/top-pirates1.gif");
background-attachment: fixed;
background-position: bottom center;
background-repeat: repeat;
background-color: 9F79EE; }

table table table {border: 1px dashed; border-color: 000000; padding:0; background-color:ffffff; background-image: url("")}
table tbody td table tbody tr td.text table{background-color:ffffff; background-image: url("")}
table table{border:0px;}
table table table table{border:0px;}

font, td, a, body, table, body, td, li, p, div, textarea, li, h1, h2, p, br {font-family:small fonts; font-size: 7px; color:000000; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 0px; line-height: 10px;}

.btext {font-family:arial; font-size: 7px; color: 000000; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; letter-spacing;
0px; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 0px; line-height: 10px;}

.nametext {font-family:impact; font-size: 20px; color: 000000; font-weight: normal; text-transform: uppercase; text-decoration: none; letter-spacing: -1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: left; padding: 0px; line-height: 26px;}

.redbtext, .redtext {font-family:small fonts; font-size: 7px; color: 000000; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 0px; line-height: 10px;}

.text {font-family:small fonts; font-size: 7px; color: 000000; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 0px; line-height: 10px;}

TD TD {text-align: justify;}
TD TD TD {text-align: center;}
TD TD TD TD {border-top: 0px solid; width: 1%; text-align:center;}
TD TD TD TD TD {border-top: 0px solid black; text-align:justify;}
TD TD TD TD TD TD {border: 0px solid;}
UPPER MENU:
TABLE, TD {padding: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; width:450px;}
TABLE TABLE {padding: 0px; text-transform: uppercase;}
TABLE TABLE TABLE {padding: 0px; text-transform:uppercase}
TABLE TABLE TABLE TABLE {padding: 0px; text-transform: uppercase;}
TABLE TABLE TABLE TABLE TABLE {visibility:hidden;display:none;}
TABLE TABLE TABLE TABLE TABLE TABLE {padding: 0px; text-transform: uppercase;}

table td div div font {visibility:hidden;display:none;}
table table table table {border: 0px; text-align: justify; padding: 0px;}
table table table table table {border: 0px; text-align: justify; padding: 0px;}
</style>

<style type="text/css">
table tbody td table tbody tr td.text table {visibility:hidden;}
table tbody td table tbody tr td.text table table, table tbody td table tbody tr td.text table table tbody td.text {visibility:visible;}
</style>

<style type="text/css">.comments {visibility:hidden;display:none;}</style><br />

</td></tr></table><table style='display:none'><tr><td>

<br />
<div class="comments"><table><tr><td><table><tr><td><br />

</td></tr></table></td>
</tr></table></td><td><div class="hidethem"><table><tr><td><table><tr><td>

The seperate code boxes are to show that the code is in seperate places in the Myspace edit boxes. I know I have to clean up my code, it's a freaking mess, but can somebody please tell me how to hide the white table?

Thank you so much for your time. :)

_Aerospace_Eng_
01-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Hmm I think a profile code generator is more of you need rather than trying to copy and paste code you found that you really have no idea how it works.

http://www.mygen.co.uk/index.php?page=create

Spookshow
01-02-2007, 08:21 PM
I've used many profile generators before, but the code I managed to find online had everything I wanted except a few little things, which I'm trying to change. I'm not completely clueless to how the code works (I've been deleting little parts of it to see what each of them do) but am just having trouble with what corresponds to the white box I'm trying to get rid of.

I want to cover the right side of the page with divs, so even if I could find a way to make the white box small enough so that I could cover it up with one, that'd be great too.

CallumJohnson
01-07-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm also having this problem too.

www.myspace.com/ceejey_dude

NEW EDIT RESOLUTION:

<style>
body{background-image:url("www.yourbackgrounimageurl.png");
background-attachment:fixed;
background-repeat:repeat;
background-position:center;}
td, table, tr, span, li, p, div, textarea, DIV, input{background-color:transparent;border:0px none;}
</style>

Works for me, check out my profile.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum